Western Australia’s labor day gives a rest day to World Cup and a chance for team to re-group. According to many, 1992 was the best Cricket World cup ever played, in terms of format and games but 2015 is one step ahead. Let’s see what we learned so far from this world cup.
1. New Zealand and India are undefeated in their respective groups while Scotland and UAE can not win (yet).
2. Team batting first, eye for 300 as par score. You achieve that and you put win in the points table.
3. Rain has not ruined anything yet and Duckworth-Lewis are resting.
4. Australia is good, but not good enough. They showed they can be vulnerable (struggle initially against England and completely against New Zealand).
5. Sri Lanka’s experience is very handy with the bat(Dilshan, Sanga), not so with the bowl (Malinga, Herath).
6. New Zealand batting is Good (McCullum), Bad (Elliot, Guptill) and Ugly (Taylor), mixed with the best in the business (Williamson). They remain the team to beat but will they show up as good as they are at MCG in Finals?
7. Minnows are showing fight in the ground like tigers, but on points table they are still wild cats.
8. South Africa is missing Kallis but they are not forgetting choking. DeVillers is playing out of world-class, but injury to Philander, Duminy is a big worry.
9. Misbah Ul Haq must try some kind of fevicol so someone at least can bat with him. Pakistan is defeating themselves, which is not new.
10. England is preparing for Ashes, because ODI’s are not their cup of tea.
11. Gaylestorm remains highlight for West Indies, but the dancing champions remains the true “Dark Horse” of the competition.
12. Afghanistan was better than Bangladesh, but results shows otherwise.
13. Zimbabwe lost the golden opportunity (against Pakistan) but Ireland did not (against West Indies).
14. Even Indians are surprised to see winning team India at Australia. They are making it feel like these grounds remain in Australia only in map
So far, It seems like New Zealand, India, Australia and Sri Lanka to go through to the Semi-Final with India vs New Zealand battle it out at MCG, but S.Africa-England-Ireland-West Indies and Pakistan may fans may feel otherwise.